Saturday, January 8, 2011

Time to start anew!

I'm in love, yup, well not in the way your thinking. I found this fantastic Blog that is going to help me change......Everything! http://www.blacksburgebelle.com/ This woman April Bowles - Rocks! She is fountain of information. And I hope that drinking from that fountain will make this a more interesting blog for you.

Let's get started. Today, other than taking down the christmas decorations and making cookies for the boys, I will be preparing for our upcomming sale. http://www.juneprycefiberarts.etsy.com/ Everything will be 50% off, I'm thinking that quite a bit of my stock will be out-going. That same weekend as the sale, I am taking my first knitting classses up at Slader Mill in Pawtucket. Very excited!! Jenn says that starting my first project on double pointed needles was special. I'm not so confident, if I do end up sucking at the classes, I am still getting a FULL weekend of girl time and knitting. The boys will be going to my parents for the weekend. WooHoo hot tub all to ourselves!! Bathing suits optional.

So to try and be ahead of the game, I am fluffing and labling all of my rovings. We use these very pretty bands that have the name of the colorway and type of fiber, the weight, and a color picture. The bands help keep the rovings in a tidy bundle and look beautiful. I will also spend some time getting together enough SWAG. We have differnt stuff depending on what the fiber is used for. I even grew lavendar for sachets that go in the packaging. Sooo pretty and smell great!

After that's all done, I'm working with 18 micron Merino. This superfine stuff that felters use. I had and inspiration light come on while flipping thru my moms quilters catalog. Instead of trying to fit every color of the rainbow into my felters packets I would try to do some gradient color packets. Check it out....I started by researching the Colors of 2011. You know, what colors are going to be "hot" for the next year. Check out www.fashionising.com/trends and it will show color swatches and the "looks" that are upcomming. In this picture you can see the Honeysuckle (2nd row, 3rd color from right) the BeesWax (top row, 3rd color in) the Coral Rose (top row right hand side) the Lavender, Silver Cloud, and Silver Peony (on the botton row from right to left). I dyed darker purples and lighter oranges to fill out those packets, but they are still drying. I'm hoping to work on the Peapod and the Nautical Blues today. Working on these packets really help me to work out the mixology of the dye, allowing me to see the color in all its forms, prior to me using it on a larger amount of fiber. And it lets me see the colors near each other, which helps when designing new colorways!!!
Coffee is done, time to get dyeing. Hope you have a colorful day ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment